Re: Inline Extension - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Inline Extension
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> peeves is that the system doesn't know how to do an install of v1.1 by
> running the v1.0 script followed by the 1.0-1.1 upgrade script, which

Did you try
 CREATE EXTENSION foo FROM 1.0;

Maybe you would want the system to be able to determine the oldest
version to start from to reach the current default_version given in the
control file, but I guess it would be better to add another property
like default_full_version or such (last_stop?).

Looks like a simple enough project, the fact that it helps our own
shipping and script maintenance could maybe allow us to work on that
this late, dunno.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine