Re: new unicode table border styles for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: new unicode table border styles for psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> there is other issue - simply parser will be really user unfriendly, and
> user friendly parser will not by simply :(

If simple things are hard to implement, get yourself better tools.

Each time we get on the topic of improving scripting abilities for our
interactive tool, it's always the same problem: having to invent a
scripting language with a whole parser is just too much work.

Maybe it's time we step back a little and consider real scripting
solutions to embed into psql, and pgbench too:
 http://ecls.sourceforge.net/         LGPL  Common Lisp http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/   LGPL  Scheme, Javascript,
EmacsLisp http://www.lua.org/                  MIT   Lua

Regards,
--