Re: new unicode table border styles for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: new unicode table border styles for psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 3:33 AM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>> there is other issue - simply parser will be really user unfriendly, and
>> user friendly parser will not by simply :(
>
> If simple things are hard to implement, get yourself better tools.
>
> Each time we get on the topic of improving scripting abilities for our
> interactive tool, it's always the same problem: having to invent a
> scripting language with a whole parser is just too much work.
>
> Maybe it's time we step back a little and consider real scripting
> solutions to embed into psql, and pgbench too:

I'm thinking (did I miss something?) that Pavel was commenting merely
on the parsing of setting unicode border characters, not the wider
scripting of psql.  (psql scripting is a fun topic to discuss though
:-)).

merlin