Re: Future of our regular expression code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Future of our regular expression code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Yeah ... if you *don't* know the difference between a DFA and an NFA,
> you're likely to find yourself in over your head.  Having said that,

So, here's a paper I found very nice to get started into this subject:
 http://swtch.com/~rsc/regexp/regexp1.html

If anyone's interested into becoming our PostgreSQL regexp hero and
still needs a good kicker, I would recommend starting here :)

I see this paper mention the regexp code from Plan9, which supports both
UTF8 and other muti-byte encodings, and is released as a library under
the MIT licence:
 http://swtch.com/plan9port/unix/

Regards,
--