Re: commit fests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: commit fests
Date
Re: commit fests  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>  There simply isn't a pool of (qualified) talent that can go off and
> do beta testing and stabilization in parallel with new development.
> It's pretty much the same people who do both tasks; so if we try to do
> that, one of two things is going to happen: beta takes even longer, or
> release quality goes down.

I was under the illusion than we had some RRR people not talented enough
to be full-speed contributors to release management that we could have
this team run one or two ReviewFest while the "serious" guys were
working.

Goal being to continue being responsive to authors in a way that will
not compromise our stability, but if that means *all* qualified talents
of the community get assigned to release management team… I stop seeing
the point.

Regards,
--
dim