Re: Quick Extensions Question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Quick Extensions Question
Date
Re: Quick Extensions Question
Re: Quick Extensions Question
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> On the whole I'd rather spend time trying to fix the real problem, which
> is allowing CREATE EXTENSION to non-superusers.  The general case of
> that looks quite hard to me, but maybe we could get something that works
> for the single case of an extension containing just a language.

Then, what about a control file property to cover that?
 pl_language = plpgsql

Then when running the script any object attached to the extension that
is not a 'pg_catalog.pg_language'::regclass is an ERROR.  And only when
the pl_language property is used then the superuser-only check is
bypassed.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine