Re: Detailed documentation for external calls (threading, shared resources etc) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Detailed documentation for external calls (threading, shared resources etc)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Seref Arikan <serefarikan@kurumsalteknoloji.com> writes:
> This is actually a request for documentation guidance. I intend to
> develop an extension to postgresql. Basically I'd like to place calls
> to network using ZeroMQ, and I need to have detailed information about

You didn't tell us about what you want to achieve, only how.  It could
be that your problem could be solved with a custom PGQ consumer, that
leaves well outside the database server.  PGQ is the generic queue layer
on which the replication system Londiste is built.
 http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Skytools http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGQ_Tutorial
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Londiste_Tutorial

Regards,
--