Re: extension_control_path - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: extension_control_path
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, default_version was the other one that looked like it might be
> possible to include, but folks might decide to try and use 'comment' in
> that way too.  Basically, there's a chance that they'd want to use any
> string in there.

Actually, I think that $default_value is the only other serious enough
candidate that we should support, and I think we should support it both
from the directory and module_pathname parameters.

Also, it seems to me that while the $directory macro should still be
found only at the beginning of the module_pathname value, the
$default_value should be substituted from wherever it is found.

Please find attached a v1 version of the patch implementing that.

 doc/src/sgml/extend.sgml         | 18 ++++++++
 src/backend/commands/extension.c | 79 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Attachment