Re: Extension upgrade, patch v0: debug help needed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Extension upgrade, patch v0: debug help needed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> The problem occurs on ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY ... SET EXTENSION, that's
> what dichotomy on the citext.upgrade.sql tells me.

The code in question was copy/pasted from the SET SCHEMA code path in
gram.y then other related files.  So I just tested a clean HEAD checkout
then the following steps:
 make -C contrib/citext install psql -f .../head/share/contrib/citext.sql psql dim=# do $$ begin execute 'alter
operatorclass public.citext_ops using btree set schema utils'; end; $$;

server closed the connection unexpectedlyThis probably means the server terminated abnormallybefore or while processing
therequest.

Will try to debug that as soon as possible, but spare time here tends to
be sparse so I preferred sending this mail first.  Preliminary
investigation leads me thinking the cause is using n->objarg rather than
n->addname to host the access_method.  Working on a fix.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine