Re: referencial integrity constraint bug in version 7.0 beta 5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: referencial integrity constraint bug in version 7.0 beta 5
Date
Re: referencial integrity constraint bug in version 7.0 beta 5  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
Spyros Vasileiadis wrote:

> I am running a slackware 7 linux box (kernel 2.2.14 g++2.91.66) and i 've
> installed the ver 7 beta 5. So i had the following problem
>
> I suppose when you make a constraint statement for reference key theere
> should be a check for the fields names , example:

    You're  right. Bruce, would you please add these items to the
    7.1 todo:

        Check PK attributes to exist (maybe to be comparable with
        corresponding  FK  attribute  if possible) at foreign key
        definition time.

        Deny column dropping if column in question is used by  an
        FK constraint.

        Propagate column or table renaming to FK constraints.

        Emit  a  warning  if  at FK creation time no UNIQUE index
        exists over referenced PK attributes.

Jan