Re: [INTERFACES] refint doesn't work well with BDE (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] refint doesn't work well with BDE (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Hi Jan, refint error reporting seems to have a bug. The Windows ODBC
> driver cannot detect that refint machine dropped an error (I think that
> the same behaviour can be reproduced with the Unix ODBC driver, too). I
> suspect that the 7.0 refint manager's error string has an extra \n
> character (I found a lonely apostrophe at the beginning of a row in the
> log). beta3 has the same problem. What's your opinion? Regards, Zoltan

   I'm in no way an ODBC or BDE guy - anyway.
   First of all, 6.5.* didn't had the FOREIGN KEY implementation   your 7.0 message is coming from. It's completely new
stuff.
   Second, since an ERROR is correctly reported (violating a  RI   constraint  is an ERROR and I cannot see any extra
\nthere),   the bug seems to be in the ODBC or BDE part, not  looking  at   the  return  code  but  trying to interpret
thetextual error   message.

Jan