Re: [HACKERS] run_check problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] run_check problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting an error in run_check.sh on Solaris.
>

> MULTIBYTE=;export MULTIBYTE; \
> /bin/sh ./run_check.sh solaris_sparc
> awk: syntax error near line 1
> .
> .
>
> 1) The awk script is broken over 2 lines.
> 2) Solaris's awk does not seem to understand REs in split(). (nawk's OK)

    Argh  -  now  I remember why we tried to avoid awk as much as
    possible.  Why do the sun guy's ship such a crippled  version
    for  a  good  old UNIX V7 tool? I rememver that MINIX already
    had a better one! DAMNED BLOODY MOTHERF...

    And I discovered  another  problem  with  it  too.  The  path
    replacements  in  various  scripts  (especially those loading
    shared objects at runtime) need to use the ones from the temp
    installation. But that's surely hackable.

Jan