Creating a index with a timestamp? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Oliver Fischer
Subject Creating a index with a timestamp?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Morning,

i have tried to create a table like this..

CREATE TABLE USERS
(NAME        TEXT NOT NULL,LOGIN        CHAR(18) NOT NULL,PASSWD    CHAR(18) NOT NULL,CDATE        TIMESTAMP
)

Ok, this works. After this i have tried to create a index for the
primary key..

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX USERS_PK ON USERS
(LOGIN,CDATE
)

But i got an error for the CDATE part of the index. My question
is: How could I create a index that contains a timestamp. I need
it in several tables for the primary key.

MfG

Oliver Fischer

Oliver Fischer, Gleimstrasse 59, 10437 Berlin, Germany