Re: [HACKERS] The new globe - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] The new globe
Date
Re: [HACKERS] The new globe  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgreSQL.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dr. Michael Meskes wrote:
^^^

> First of all, great work. I love it. Just some minor nitpits:

    Why do so many people like such a simple graphic? :-)

> My mail address while correct in the text is incorrect in the graphic. The
> mail address listed there is no longer valid, so mail may bounce.

    Hmmm  -  the  address in the graphic, the one in the text and
    the   mailto:   hyperlink   on   it   are   all   the   same:
    <meskes@postgresql.org> - or do I need new glasses?

> As for the text, I have done next to nothing for multi-byte support. I guess
> this one's incorrect.
>
> Also we list Dr. Andrew Martin (btw if we do list titles, I have a Dr. too
> :-)) as having done the ecpg interface. I don't like to offend him, but
> Andrew what part of the interface did you write? The original source was
> done by Linus Tolke AFAIK.

    Now it starts, so let's grab the chance.

    Well,  the  ~wieck  developers  page was just a quick hack to
    demonstrate how my version would look like. But it  seems  to
    be  the  right  time  to  tidy up the entire content before I
    release the lock and hand it back  to  Bruce  and  Vince.   I
    wondered  all  the  time I worked on it why there's a pin for
    Neil while he's not mentioned in the text at all?!?

    Would ANYONE who's listed or pinned on the page/graphic,  and
    those who want to be, please drop me a little note including:

    o   the  complete  name,  maybe  title  (if  they  want)  and
        location   (like   {in|near}   Hamburg,   Germany).   For
        locations usually unknown in the world (like Harsefeld in
        my case) we use a bigger town close to that and say near.
    o   the LAT/LON position of their location so I don't have to
        lookup everyone in my maps,
    o   the correct eMail address,
    o   and  most  important, the contributions they have made to
        PostgreSQL.

Jan