Re: [HACKERS] Re: Problem enabling pltcl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: Problem enabling pltcl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> But if the install process were to install pltcl into template1 just
> because you had chosen to build pltcl, then you'd lose the option of
> only having it in some of your databases.

    You  still  have  that  option  even  if  it  is installed in
    template1. But you must do it the other  way  round  and  use
    destroydb on the databases where you don't want it :-)

> Bottom line: I think the install process is correct as is, but the docs
> need to be updated to mention these considerations.

    The   docs   where   right  for  a  short  time  during  v6.5
    development.

Jan