PL installation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject PL installation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

    I've   just  removed  the  automatic  installation  of  built
    procedural languages from initdb again.

    Instead there are two new commands in src/bin.

      createlang [options] [langname [dbname]]
      options are: --pglib path
                   -a authsys
                   -h host
                   -p port

      destroylang [options] [langname [dbname]]
      options are: -a authsys
                   -h host
                   -p port

    Createlang checks if the language  and  call  handler  aren't
    installed already and if the shared object is in PGLIB before
    attempting to install the language.

    Destroylang refuses to remove the language if functions still
    exist  in  pg_proc  that  reference the language. There is no
    'force'  switch  because  a  destroylang/createlang  sequence
    would  corrupt  the  functions  (they  still point to the old
    prolang OID) and I don't want those user  questions  flooding
    the lists.

    The required call of createlang is added to regress.sh.

    Thomas,  I'm actually unable to do anything in the sgml area.
    Would you please be so kind to change the  appropriate  notes
    in  the  PL/pgSQL  and  PL/Tcl  docs?  And  maybe add the new
    commands?

Jan