WHERE vs HAVING - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject WHERE vs HAVING
Date
Re: [HACKERS] WHERE vs HAVING  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Planner guru's please!

    I  wonder  what makes the difference between WHERE and HAVING
    that causes HAVING to accept aggregates while WHERE  doesn't.
    It  would  be  extremely nice if it's possible to teach WHERE
    how to handle aggregates properly. Having to push  them  into
    subselects during rewrite if a views aggregate column appears
    in the WHERE clause is a total mess.

Jan