Re: [HACKERS] More on GROUP BY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] More on GROUP BY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

>     I'll go ahead now in little steps.
>
>     1.  Get rid of the TLE copy in GroupClause.

    Done. GroupClause now identifies the TLE by a number which is
    placed into the Resdom by parser/rewriter.

    New  initdb  required  because  of  modifications   in   node
    print/read functions.

>     2.  Move the targetlist expansion into the rule system.

    Not   required   anymore   AFAICS.  Instead  I  modified  the
    targetlist  preprocessing  in  the  planner  so   that   junk
    attributes  used  by  group  clauses  get  added again to the
    expanded list.

Jan