Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 TODO list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Ugh.  I thought that was a pretty unrobust way of doing things :-(
> > If you change the lines in planner.c:
> >
> >         /* Is it safe to use just resno to match tlist and glist items?? */
> >         if (grpcl->entry->resdom->resno == resdom->resno)
> >
> > to use equal() on the expr's of the two TLEs, does it work any better?
> >
> > >     Currently I think the correct solution would be to expand the
> > >     targetlist  already  in  the  rewrite  system  and  leave  it
> > >     untouched in the planner. Comments?
> >
> > OK with me, but possibly rather a major change to be making this late
> > in beta...
>
> But it is already broken.  Can't get worse, can it?

    And  just  using  equal()  wouldn't  be enough. I tested what
    happens if the rewriter add's junk TLE's  for  group  clauses
    coming  from  a  view.  If the query is a SELECT, anything is
    fine, but if it is an INSERT ...  SELECT then the added TLE's
    needed    by    the    group    clauses   get   lost   during
    preprocess_targetlist().

Jan