Re: [HACKERS] Problem installing plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Problem installing plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dmitry Samersoff wrote:

>  One of my customer unable to install plpgsql
> with next message:
>
> www2(dms)~>psql -d www -c "select tst(); "
> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed: dlopen
> '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so' failed. (/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so:
> Undefined symbol "SPI_tuptable")
> www2(dms)~>
>
> This problem exists onlty on FreeBSD 3.1
> the same sources build on 2.2.8 works properly.
>
> what does it mean?

    It  means  that  the  dynamic  loader isn't able to resolve a
    reference  to  the  global  symbol  "SPI_tuptable"  from  the
    PL/pgSQL   shared   object  into  the  backend.   The  symbol
    "SPI_tuptable" is declared in  .../src/backend/executor/spi.c
    as

        DLLIMPORT SPITupleTable *SPI_tuptable;

    Since  this  symbol  is  referenced from another place in the
    backend's static code (in ruleutils.c) I'm  pretty  sure  the
    symbol  is  there.  It must be a problem with the FreeBSD 3.1
    dynamic loader.

> Env:
>  FreeBSD www2.sptimes.ru 3.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE #4: Tue Mar 23
>  13:18:41
>  MSK 1999     wplus@www2.sptimes.ru:/usr/src/sys/compile/SPTIMES  i386
>
> Postgres 6.4.2 release

Jan