Re: [HACKERS] Developers globe - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Developers globe
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > > This is *totally* cool...
> >
> >     And now DEEP FROZEN :-)
> >
> >         http://www.postgresql.org/~wieck/index.html
> >         -------------------------------------------
> >
> >     Well,  the  image  is  about  85K  now (look at it before you
> >     reply). But I think it's one that is worth the bandwidth -  a
> >     MUST SEE.
> >
> >     Bruce: is that ATTRACTIVE enough for you?
>
> Yes, certainly deep frozen.  Winner.
>
> Comments:
>
>    Use as many colors as you can.  No problem with many colors.

    Tried  to use 250 colors, but that blows the image up to 150K
    and more important, causes the image sometimes to flicker  on
    my 200MHz Pentium notebook. So back to 60 colors.

>    Much better than mine.

    Tnx.

>    Can you darken the PostgreSQL a little bit more, so the globe
> stands out a little more?

    Done  -  the  other way round. Darken the map and lighten the
    PostgreSQL.  You're right, look's better.

Jan