getcwd failing suddenly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Subject getcwd failing suddenly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Recently I have started seeing this error when starting the server.

shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories

Here is the command I use to start PostgreSQL.

su postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -S -D /usr/local/pgsql/data"

Did something change recently to cause this?  I find I can get around it
by changing the command to the following.

su postgres -c "cd /usr/local/pgsql; /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -S -D /usr/local/pgsql/data"