Re: [HACKERS] snapshot and FreeBSD-2.2.7 not building - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From orion.SAPserv.Hamburg.dsh.de!wieck@sapserv.debis.de
Subject Re: [HACKERS] snapshot and FreeBSD-2.2.7 not building
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > Thanks for the follow-up. Suggestion:
> >
> > At the top of numeric.c or in include/utils/numeric.h, put
> >
> > #ifndef NAN
> > #define pgNAN (0.0/0.0)
> > #endif
> >
> > Then in numeric.c, if NAN isn't defined,
>
> Done.  Used:
>
>    #ifndef NAN
>    #define NAN     (0.0/0.0)
>    #endif
>
> at the top of numeric.c, and removed my other #ifdef's.

    I  hope  this is portable and none of our supported platforms
    throws in a SIGFPE for it (cross fingers).

    OTOH it might be good to have  configure  checks  if  NAN  is
    defined  somewhere  and include that header. Only if it isn't
    defined we should fallback to the above.

Jan