Re: [SQL] MINUS and slow 'not in' - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [SQL] MINUS and slow 'not in'
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Yeah I've got 6.4. I tried:
>
> set query_limit to 2000;
>
> and got:
>
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "2000"
>
> Ideas?

    I think you must use '2000' instead.

    Anyway,  the  "set  query_limit" will disappear again in v6.5
    (at least) because it  potentially  can  break  rewrite  rule
    system semantics.

    Instead  you  might  want  to use the LIMIT/OFFSET patch I've
    created in the v6.4 feature patch. This is what  will  be  in
    v6.5.  I'll  take a look how I can put it onto the server and
    drop a note here after.

Jan