INT2OID, etc. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Subject INT2OID, etc.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am enhancing my PyGreSQL 2.0 package and I wanted to determine the
types of returned fields.  I tried using the manifest constans
INT2OID, INT4OID, FLOAT4OID, etc but these are defined in the
file src/include/catalog/pg_type.h which doesn't get installed
into the public include directory.  Am I right in assuming that
external programs shouldn't use these values?  Is there another
way to get what I want?  Is it considered acceptable for interface
programs to use this header file?  Inquiring minds want to know.