Re: [HACKERS] Running pgindent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Running pgindent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce wrote:
> This sounds great to me.  As you have added to RangeTableEntry, I assume
> you also added the needed fields to copyfuncs.c/outfuncs.c/makefuncs.c
> and anywhere else that needs it.  I will add this to the developers FAQ.

    Only  to  copyfuncs.c  now.  Is  it  possible  that  they get
    output/reread after deepRewriteQuery()?. I  don't  think  so.
    And  since  makenode()  initializes  the  allocated memory to
    nulls aclSkip defaults to false.

> >     We add a bool to pg_class that let's the rewrite handler know
> >     if  he really should set the aclSkip defaulting to false.  On
> >     ownership changes this flag is reset to false  and  only  the
> >     owner or superusers might set it.
>
> No, that is not what I was saying.  If they can create views, the can
> change pg_rewrite, and because we now take the view as the owners
> permission granting, someone could change anything in pg_rewrite and
> make it look like it is a view of someone else.  They could change the
> view text to look at pg_user, for example.

    Instead of granting users access to pg_rewrite we should  use
    again  some  mechanism in rewriteDefine/ExecCheckPerms to let
    users only create rules through the CREATE RULE command.  Not
    by  INSERT  INTO  pg_rewrite.  Then  we  can check during the
    creation of a rule that the user is the owner of the relation
    the rule is on.  Totally safe then.

Until later, Jan