Re: [HACKERS] rule system, perl and other good stuff - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] rule system, perl and other good stuff
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vadim wrote:

> It would be nice to have support for perl...

    Asked for implementers sometimes :-)

> BTW, Mark, I don't see PLtcl in current sources.
> It would be nice to have it under contrib/pl or, even better, under
> src/pl (may be with flag USE_PLTCL in Makefile - like USE_TCL :), -
> with automatical installation into template database by initdb).
>
> Vadim

    Sure. Let me do some final tests (checking that PL/Tcl in the
    current version works with Tcl7.5 and Tcl8.0  with  the  same
    sources).  Then  I'll  upload  a  tar  for  putting  it  into
    src/pl/pltcl  or  contrib/pl/pltcl  (expecting   the   source
    directory in ../../src).

    There is a little test suite included into the directory.  It
    checks triggers, functions, operators and  aggregates.  Since
    building  is  optional,  I don't think that a real regression
    test is a good idea.

    Time is limited. So the USE_PLTCL part is up to you -  sorry.

Until later, Jan