Re: How to cast to regprocedure with OUT parameters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: How to cast to regprocedure with OUT parameters
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote on 14.08.2014 17:33:
> Leave out the OUT parameters altogether:
>
> select pg_get_functiondef('public.foo(text, text)'::regprocedure);
>
> Only IN parameters contribute to the function's identity; OUT parameters
> are just a variant method of specifying its return type.

Ah, great. I didn't think of that.

> Personally I wouldn't randomly mix IN and OUT like that, but put all the
> OUT parameters at the end of the list.  It seems too confusing otherwise.

I agree ;) and I'm not creating functions like that.

I'm just trying to tackle all possible combinations in order to reliably retrieve a functions source code in my tool
SQLWorkbench/J

Thanks for the quick reply
Thomas