Re: TCP_NO_DELAY & TcpAckFrequency (Re: Slow query through - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Marc Herbert
Subject Re: TCP_NO_DELAY & TcpAckFrequency (Re: Slow query through
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Arnaud Lesauvage <thewild@freesurf.fr> writes:

> O B a écrit :
>> You may try "ethereal" which can give you more details than the TCP
>> dumps with a structured view of packets and protocol layers.
>
> The included dumps *are* ethereal dumps, actually.

I think Olivier was talking about ethereal the browser, not about
ethereal the capture front-end.

> There must be a reason why psqlODBC sets a different RWIN than the
> other frontends (psql and pgAdmin), but I don't know which one.

By the way this is the receive buffer size on the _client_, right? (I
would be surprised that this indirectly changes server settings...)

On linux you can trace/check all modifications of the buffer sizes
like this:

 strace -e trace=setsockopt testcode