Re: Backup with Java - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Marc Herbert
Subject Re: Backup with Java
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:

> I'd strongly suggest you exec pg_dump from the command line using
> System.exec and connect to the remote database. This is certainly re-
> inventing a non-trivial wheel.

We have implemented this, with a couple of additional checks

<https://forge.continuent.org/plugins/scmcvs/cvsweb.php/sequoia/src/org/continuent/sequoia/controller/backup/?cvsroot=sequoia>

This code is generic, designed to support not only PostgreSQL.

We could try to externalize it into an independent project if a
significant number of people are interested and... provided it's not
too hard to detach it from sequoia (no promise here).

We also interested by alternatives approaches.