Re: pgsql-jdbc and ident - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Ian Pilcher
Subject Re: pgsql-jdbc and ident
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 03/01/2013 10:04 AM, Matt Rose wrote:
> I am having the oddest problem with postgresql-9.2-1002.jdbc3.jar doing
> ident authentication against postgresql-9.2.3

Your ident server might be having a problem recognizing IPv6
connections, including "IPv4-mapped IPv6 addresses" (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6#IPv4-mapped_IPv6_addresses).

Try running your program with -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true to
determine if your problem is IPv6-related.

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno@gmail.com
Sometimes there's nothing left to do but crash and burn...or die trying.