Re: Unique values across a table of arrays - documents and tags - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ivan Voras
Subject Re: Unique values across a table of arrays - documents and tags
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 07/11/2012 16:34, François Beausoleil wrote:
> Le 2012-11-07 à 10:21, Ivan Voras a écrit :

>> Barring that, what would you suggest for efficiently handing a classic
>> structure like this (meaning documents with tags)?
>
> Can you structure it as the "classic" many to many pattern:
>
> documents <-> taggings <-> tags

Yes, that is as you said, a classic solution to a classic problem :)

If needed, this is the way I will do it, but for now I'm asking if
there's something that can be done to avoid creating another table or
two. The reason I'm asking is that I've often found that PostgreSQL can
do much more than I thought it can.

Attachment