Re: CVS build problem - make world target - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Vladimir Kokovic
Subject Re: CVS build problem - make world target
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Tom, as always, you did the right thing !

make-out1.log
----------------------
PostgreSQL, contrib, and documentation successfully made. Ready to install.

make-install-out1.log
---------------------------------
PostgreSQL, contrib, and documentation installation complete.

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I wrote:
> > Vladimir Kokovic <kokovic.vladimir@gmail.com> writes:
> >> make[3]: Circular postgres.xml <- postgres.sgml dependency dropped.
>
> > [ followed by havoc as make passes the wrong $< file to osx ]
>
> > I can reproduce this when doing "make all" in doc/src/sgml in a
> > VPATH build, but not when doing it in the regular source tree.
> > I'm not sure if this is a make bug or something weird in our
> > make rules.  Any ideas?
>
> I'm currently of the opinion that this is a gmake bug.  (For the record,
> I'm seeing it with make 3.81 in Fedora 11.)  I found a pretty simple
> workaround, though, which I have now committed.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

Best regards,
Vladimir Kokovic, DP senior, Belgrade, Serbia