Problem of Magic Block in Postgres 8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pei He
Subject Problem of Magic Block in Postgres 8.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I have some old code for extension functions in Postgres 8.0. And, I
am trying to make it work with Postgres 8.2.

One problem is about the Magic Block.
The extension functions was developed by C++ mixed with C.
The code is like:

extern "C" Datum spgistinsert(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
{
}

I have added enough PG_MODULE_MAGIC; to the source code. (Also,
include 'fmgr.h' and 'postgres.h')
But, when I create the function inside Postgres, it still complains as
following:
ERROR:  incompatible library
"/home/hepei/bin/Chameleon/lib/libspgist_trie.so": missing magic block
HINT:  Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.
STATEMENT:  /* Load the trie extension *//*------------------------ */load
'/home/hepei/bin/Chameleon/lib/libspgist_trie.so';
ERROR:  incompatible library
"/home/hepei/bin/Chameleon/lib/libspgist_trie.so": missing magic block
HINT:  Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.

I am capable to define a simple function in a single file by C, and
make it work with postgres 8.2. However, my old code is more complex,
which involves more source code, library, and it is also using both
C++ and C. So, I am not sure where the problem comes from, and how to
solve it.

Thanks
Look forward your reply
--