Re: Using ctid column changes plan drastically - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Using ctid column changes plan drastically
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote on 24.07.2012 17:55:
> Joins on tid columns just aren't supported very well at the moment.
> Partly that's from lack of round tuits, and partly it's because it
> doesn't seem all that wise to encourage people to use them.  There
> are gotchas if any of the rows receive concurrent updates.

Thanks for the clarification. I will keep that in mind.

> FWIW, it might be helpful to cast this as a NOT EXISTS rather than
> NOT IN subquery.

Hmm. How would you change that into an NOT EXISTS clause (so that one of the duplicates remains)
Everything I come up with is in fact slower than the NOT IN solution.

Regards
Thomas