Copying contents of OLD/NEW in a trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Timothy Seever
Subject Copying contents of OLD/NEW in a trigger
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm trying to copy the contents of old/new inside of a trigger
to pass to another function.  Is there any way to do this?

I've created a %ROWTYPE variable and tried both:

------------------------------
old_row := OLD;

and

select * into old_row from old;

The first gives a parse error, and the second gives the standard
error about using old in a non-rule query.  Is there no way to do
this without copying every column one by one?  I need to pass
pretty much every field of old/new to the function, and it seems
kind of absurd that I'd have to pass them all separately.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
   Tim Seever