Re: Creating role using batch file in windows - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Creating role using batch file in windows
Date
List pgsql-admin
Lukasz Brodziak, 25.10.2010 15:49:
> Hello,
>
> What I need to do is create a batch file to be sent to client in which
> I have to perform create role statement. Best thing would be if the
> user didn't see what is happening in the console (is there a @echo off
> equivalent for psql). Can anyone help me with this.

The problem with a batch file is that you will need to provide the password for the superuser in clear text - which is
probablynot something you will want to do.

But if that isn't a problem (and you actually know the superuser password of your client) then the following might
work:

------------- snip ---------------
@echo off
setlocal

set PGHOST=localhost
set PGUSER=postgres
set PGPASSWORD=the_super_secret_password

createuser role_1 1> nul 2>&1
createuser role_2 1> nul 2>&1

endlocal

Regards