Re: Alternative to AS? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Alternative to AS?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Helgi Örn, 06.10.2010 10:58:
> Hi! I am moving a database project from MySQL to PostgreSQL I was a
> newbie there and now I am a newbie here :)
>
> I have this form mysql:
> SELECT tid_in, TIME_FORMAT(tid_in, '%H.%i')AS format FROM timmar;
>
> Which I have gotten postgre to accept thus far:
> SELECT pack_tidin TIME_FORMAT, pack_tidin '%H.%i', AS format FROM timmar;
>
> it stops at AS which doesn't seem to exist is postgre, what is
> postgres alternative to AS?

You have an extra comma in front of the AS, which is causing the error.

But even then, I don't think your formatting would work, you will need to use the to_char() function for that.

Regards
Thomas

P.S.: it's "postgres" not "postgre" ;)