Re: Remaining Streaming Replication Open Items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Remaining Streaming Replication Open Items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> OK, that looks a lot less risky than I had understood from discussions.
>> The main thing for me is it doesn't interfere with Startup or
>> WalReceiver, so assuming it works I've got no objections. Thanks for
>> chasing this down, good addition.
>
> Thanks.  Committed.

Thanks. The following TODO item should be removed?

"Redefine smart shutdown in standby mode to exist as soon as all
read-only connections are gone."
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#Standby_server_mode

Or change it to something like?

"Change smart shutdown in standby mode so that it kills the startupand walreceiver process before waiting for the
regularbackends to die off"

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao