Re: Full text search on a complex schema - a classic problem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Voras
Subject Re: Full text search on a complex schema - a classic problem?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/23/10 07:17, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 23/05/10 10:40, Ivan Voras wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a schema which tracks various pieces of information which would
>> need to be globally searchable.
>
> If systems that exist outside the database its self are acceptable,
> check out Apache Lucerne, and tools that use it like Hibernate Search.

We are currently using such an external system and while it works fast
enough it has two problems:

1) the need to periodically refresh it (via cron)
2) it complicates deployment a bit by adding dependencies

so we're moving away from it.