Re: What locking mechanism is used for database backup and restore and Master-Slave Replication? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Voras
Subject Re: What locking mechanism is used for database backup and restore and Master-Slave Replication?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/21/10 16:09, John Mitchell wrote:
> So am I to presume that the current stable version of postgres (before
> 8.5) does require extra locking?

There is currently (before 8.5) no official replication mechanism in
PostgreSQL. There are some 3rd party implementations, for which
information can be gathered here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/high-availability.html

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling