Re: Application Transaction Question... Postgres 8.3.6 - PHP 5 - Solaris 10 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Milen A. Radev
Subject Re: Application Transaction Question... Postgres 8.3.6 - PHP 5 - Solaris 10
Date
List pgsql-admin
Carol Walter написа:
> Hello,
>
> I am creating an application in PHP that accesses a Postgres database.
> This application works, but I have been unable to perform a database
> task that is extremely important.  My application is a admin app that
> allows a user to insert records into several tables in a database.  The
> basic model is to put a record into two base tables then join the tables
> with a bridge table.  Obviously, this needs to run the queries as one
> transaction.  I have been unable to find a way to make this work.  I'm
> using the pg_query_params function to insert the records.  I tried using
> pg_query and issuing the begin and commit in separate queries, but that
> doesn't work.  Can someone tell me how to do this.
[...]

Please show us some code and the error(s) you get ("...but that doesn't
work" is not enough).

On the other hand your question is more appropriate for the pgsql-php
mailing list.

--
Milen A. Radev