Re: Help with exporting data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Larke
Subject Re: Help with exporting data
Date
List pgsql-general

BW> Is there a simpler (& more efficient) way to get the result
BW> of a select into a plain text file, without the Postgres
BW> header/trailer lines & the "|" between attributes?

There are psql options to turn off the headers and footers and to
select your own field seperator. You probably want some
combination of

\pset format unaligned
\pset tuples_only
\pset fieldsep 'field_seperator_character'

--
Jason Larke- jlarke@uu.net- http://www.nnaf.net/~jlarke Send mail for PGP key
I don't speak for UUNET or Worldcom. I speak for Odin. And he's *pissed*.