Re: Change in behavior of string concat operator - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Milen A. Radev
Subject Re: Change in behavior of string concat operator
Date
List pgsql-admin
Benjamin Krajmalnik написа:
> Thanks.
>
> Then we have an inconsistency between this and the documentation for the || operator, where it is showing the abilty
toconcat numeric types without explicit casting.

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/functions-string.html

On second reading of your post (and the documentation) we are both wrong
- the _string_ concatenation operator works when at least one of the
operands is a string.

[...]

--
Milen A. Radev