Re: Accessing other databases with DBLink when leaving user/password empty - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hermann Muster
Subject Re: Accessing other databases with DBLink when leaving user/password empty
Date
Re: Re: Accessing other databases with DBLink when leaving user/password empty  (Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

I tried what you suggested, but still get the following Error:
"Error connecting to the server: fe_sendauth: no password supplied"

What is it I'm doing wrong? Isn't it possible to leave the password
empty so that PostgreSQL can retrieve it from the current account?

Thank you.