how to sync the system table with pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gary Fu
Subject how to sync the system table with pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I tried to use pg_dump to restore (sync) a database, but I noticed that
the system table pg_namespace was not synced.

I tried the following pg_dump command to just restore that table without
success either.

Does pg_dump support for the system tables or something I missed ?
Is there another way to sync the system tables ?

Thanks,
Gary

% pg_dump -t pg_namespace -h nppdist nppsd3 | psql -h nppsds1 -d nppsd3
SET
SET
SET
SET
SET
SET
SET
SET
ERROR:  relation "pg_namespace" already exists
ALTER TABLE
ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint
"pg_namespace_nspname_index"
CONTEXT:  COPY pg_namespace, line 1: "pg_toast  10      \N"
ERROR:  permission denied: "pg_namespace" is a system catalog
ERROR:  permission denied: "pg_namespace" is a system catalog
REVOKE
REVOKE
GRANT