Re: Why is postgres autovacuuming a table that is never updated? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joseph S
Subject Re: Why is postgres autovacuuming a table that is never updated?
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:

>>  2) How can I use pg_autovacuum table to disable autovac for this table?
>> The docs are not clear on how to do this.
>
> I think that would be a bad idea, given that autovacuum seems to think
> you need to do it.

I don't want to totally disable it, but I want to change the numbers so
it happens less frequently.  Since there are no updates I can set
freeze_min_page to be small and the max between transactions big to keep
the autovacuum from happening so often.