Re: Re: problems on solaris 7 (part 2) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Lauko
Subject Re: Re: problems on solaris 7 (part 2)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!
> Segfault on the *client* side you mean?  If so, it's not a postmaster problem.
Yes exactly. Postmaster only reports that the connection is broken (saying: pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client
connection),but keeps running. Only the clients die.
If I try to use psql as an invalid user, or try to access a nonexisting table I get normal error messages without
segfault.It seems that only the connection to postmaster kills the clients.

> try building psql without readline and see if it works I've tried. I removed the whole readline package, rebuild, but
theproblem is still there. As far as I know there is no configure option to avoid readline. It's use is automatic. Am I
right?

I also tried to build 7.0.3 with gcc 3, but doesn't help.
I'm pretty sure that this is a problem with solaris, but I don't know what to try. I'm really new to solaris.
thanks, Peter