Joining with calendar table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pól Ua L.
Subject Joining with calendar table
Date
List pgsql-general

Bonjour a tous/Hello all,

Small problem - I hope it not to trivial for here.

We created a table, then someone deleted some records and we want to put them back, but we not sure how.

CREATE TABLE dat AS
  SELECT
    GENERATE_SERIES
    (
      '2022-03-01'::DATE,
      '2022-04-18'::DATE,
      '1 DAY'
    ) AS jour;

So, all days from March 01 to Easter Monday.

Then someone delete the weekends.

delete from dat where extract(isodow from jour) IN (6, 7);

But, there are also actvities on these days  also, so I would like to put them back in.

I think I need a left join with the calendar table, but am not sure how to do this so we have full months again.

Could someone show me how this to be done please?

There is a fiddle here with the code explained above.

Thank you for your time and attentioin - salutations.