Re: BUG #3924: Create Database with another encoding as the encoding from postgres - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Pit M.
Subject Re: BUG #3924: Create Database with another encoding as the encoding from postgres
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Yes, that's an intentional change. From release notes:
I had the same problem this morning. We provide a sample database with
LATIN1 encoding (included in our setup). So how can i change my encoding
to have a database that can be used with PG 8.1; 8.1; 8.2 and 8.3
without problems and without knowing how the server was installed? What
is the required encoding as LATIN1 was the encoding we prefered.  We
don't want to use UNICODE.

Regards

Pit